A Durable External Frame Option
Suitable for short and long hiking trips, the Kelty Super Tioga has a radial frame that puts the load nearer to the body to achieve a good balance.
This external frame pack has a high-alloy tube with an hourglass shape that provides better overall comfort. The suspension system can be adjusted vertically and horizontally to make sure it fits your body well. Padded shoulder straps help relieve the pressure when carrying a heavy load.
The pack contains two main compartments and several small compartments on the front and the sides for internal and external packing options. A full-length side pocket provides space for cumbersome gear, and two smaller same side pockets hold gear accessories in easy to reach outer pockets.
The 3-way internal divider and compression system lets you organize all your gear in separate spaces. In addition to its great features, it contains a front-loading sleeping bag compartment that can be opened with its circular zipper. And many users chose this backpack because it is hydration compatible and due to its adjustable strapping system.
If you require a tough pack for rough terrain and long-term use, this Kelty external frame bag comes highly recommended by wilderness hikers. Kelty is known for high-quality bags made of durable material that can be used during any season and weather conditions. Some users complained that the wires that keep the frame pins intact rip your clothes, so use tape to avoid this minor problem.
The Kelty Super Tioga is a reasonably priced pack that combines durability and convenience.
Kelty Super Tioga
- External frame
- Comfortable and stable suspension system
- Ventilating waist belt, back panel, and shoulder straps
- Easy to organize with multiple internal and external pockets
- Dual density foam waist belt
- Weight: 6 lbs., 7 oz.
- Internal volume of 4750 cubic inches
- Dimensions: 76 cm x 61 cm x 61 cm
- Torso Fit Range: 16″-19″/41-48 cm
Backpack Review Highlights
- Well designed for storage and easy access for items such as maps, binoculars, and water with a bottom compartment for a tent, sleeping bag or pad.
- Good for long weekends or weeklong excursions, the Kelty Super Tioga rides better on established trails than uneven terrain with plenty of adjustments to shift the weight.
- An external frame pack that reduces the strain on your shoulders and back, making it an option for carrying lighter backcountry loads instead of using an internal frame.
- A good value backpack with features found on other more expensive packs and made of very durable material.
- A mesh screen provides back ventilation, and the frame and pack fasteners offer plenty of tie-in options for hauling backcountry camping gear.